PDA

View Full Version : im fed up!!

Stephen Nordquist
07-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Took my grand kids for a boat ride today in my still new 2003 maristar with only 76 hours on it and the engine stalled in the middle of the lake. I love the boat but it is always having problems ,and i wont bore you with the details. Bottom line is it would not restart. After reading the many posts on team talk it would seem i have a fuel pump problem. When is mastercraft going to step-up and take care of this problem on its late model boats? The dealer told me before i went on vacation last year that he hoped it would be alright because of all the failures. I will be taking it in for service on another problem and i am sure the dealer will tell me i'm out of warranty!!! A very unhappy owner!! :rant:

erkoehler
07-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Stephen,

Who is your dealer?

erkoehler
07-08-2006, 12:34 AM
Also, did you get the extended warranty coverage you were talking about a few days ago?

Have you run the boat out of fuel?

rodltg2
07-08-2006, 12:58 AM
erik, someone please convince mc to stop using those pumps , they suck! makes a great boat seem bad....

peason
07-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Has the dealer replaced the fuel pump? I can understand your frustrations, I too had the same problems with my 209. After taking delivery of a New boat and being stranded out on the lake with less than 100 hours. But, since the pump was replaced, I have not had any problems. However, I always make sure I have at least a 1/4 of a tank of gas in the tank, to prevent the fuel pump from running dry. Good luck.

Stephen Nordquist
07-08-2006, 11:13 AM
did mastercraft fix your pump under warranty? Also the manufacturer should step up with mastercraft and take of this problem.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-08-2006, 11:25 AM
I have a freind that this happend to also. :(

bigmac
07-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Another fuel pump issue? My first fuel pump had to be replaced with less than 10 hours on the boat.

It makes me wonder if I should order one to keep around as a spare. :rolleyes:

According to DrJ in this thread (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=10078&page=1), whose fuel pump on his 2004 MasterCraft also went belly up, MasterCraft told him that the fuel pump only has a one-year warranty. He paid the $550 (not including labor) for the new pump and installed it himself. His dealer ALSO refused to send him a new pump, but he was able to get one overnighted from Lex at Rambo Marine. He would have been really hosed if Lex han't stepped up, since his closest dealer is 8 hours away.