PDA

View Full Version : New Scandal...

betsy&david Harrison
07-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Anyone following the doping scandal in the Tour de France and how Tennis's Nadal is involved?

tex
07-08-2006, 12:40 AM
I hear that Nadel only wears capri pants so that his pants don't get caught in the chain!

betsy&david Harrison
07-08-2006, 12:43 AM
I hear that Nadel only wears capri pants so that his pants don't get caught in the chain!
Very funny!

erkoehler
07-08-2006, 12:48 AM
Fill me in....what's goin down?

betsy&david Harrison
07-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Fill me in....what's goin down?
According to the LA Times, Nadal has something to do with the doping scandal in the cycling world right now. I'll have to read up on it some more in the morning paper.

atlfootr
07-08-2006, 01:28 AM
According to the LA Times, Nadal has something to do with the doping scandal in the cycling world right now. I'll have to read up on it some more in the morning paper.Tour de France gets serious: Favorites can hide no more

By John Leicester
ASSOCIATED PRESS

1:55 p.m. July 7, 2006

VITRE, France Tour de France favorites, it's time to step up.
The race to become Lance Armstrong's successor begins in earnest Saturday with the first long time trial on a Tour marked by crashes and a doping investigation that has stripped the event of elite riders.

After an opening week when top riders took few risks and the glory belonged to sprinters like Robbie McEwen, the time trial should help reveal the true contenders in a depleted field.

PendO
07-08-2006, 01:34 AM
a bit of old news, but if you want a good link for the cycling doping scandal visit www.velonews.com

My belief, after 1990 and Lemond's last tour win, all others have been tainted ... some just covered their tracks better than others.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-09-2006, 01:36 PM
what type of "dope"? do you mean performance enhancing stuff like steroids or what?