PDA

View Full Version : American Chopper

Vern Swieringa
10-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Besides skiing and boarding behind my Mastercraft, I can think of few things that are as fun as cruising the open road on two wheels. I currently do not own a motorcycle, so I rented a Harley this Spring in Daytona and just soaked up the sun riding for miles along the coastal highway. Talk about memories. Some day I hope to own another bike (this time a Harley Heritage Classic). In the mean time I dream of owning a big bike with the help of American Chopper. Do any of you watch that show on the Discovery Channel??? My favorite bike so far has been the "Firebike" made for the NYFD. The fire hydrant carborator was "sick."

captkidd
10-27-2004, 01:47 PM
If it were me I'd edit that first sentence before the razzing starts. :D

Vern Swieringa
10-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Better??? :smile:

ski_king
10-27-2004, 02:30 PM
If it were me I'd edit that first sentence before the razzing starts. :D
Hmmm, wonder what I missed.

Smitty
10-27-2004, 02:31 PM
That's my favorite too. Second favorite is the Miller Electric Bike. It looks like something Super Man would ride. I love the patriotic theme.

ktn_cmu
10-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Hmmm, wonder what I missed.

Ha ha ha...I know what you missed...

lakes Rick
10-27-2004, 02:47 PM
The "Trim Spa" bike is the only one I would even consider having.. It was a sleek, nicely painted bike.. Of course just a nice stock Harley softail would be my first pick... Like a FAT BOY maybe..

Anyone looked at the new Triumph Rocket III yet?? Truly a unique bike..

OhioProstar
10-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Personally I like Jessie Jame's new stuff. He builds a lot more from the ground up. I liked the Lance Armstrong bike from a few weeks back.

ski_king
10-27-2004, 02:57 PM
I got a kick out of the Dixie Chopper Bike with the lawn mower engine. Creative.

Smitty
10-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Found a good bike for ya, Rev. This is from the Biker Build Off show on the discovery channel. Thought you would like the cross on the gas tank.

captkidd
10-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Vern, good move.

Why would Superman need a motorcycle?

Knoxes
10-27-2004, 03:31 PM
The wheels on the Miller bike are sick.

Having said that, this is not my style bike. I like the 1200 Sportster, long forks, forward controls, FatBob tank, straight pipes and drag bars. A clean, uncluttered look.

Smitty
10-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Captkidd,

Didn't think about that one. Let just say it would be a cool bike for Clark Kent.

sully
10-27-2004, 07:16 PM
Sam's Club is selling a Chopper from the boys at OCC, to the first person to come with $137,000.
OCC offer (http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_std_template.jsp?CntId=OCC&pid=_10-26-04_occB)

I can buy at least three Mastercrafts for that.

rem_p
10-28-2004, 12:00 AM
yep like watchin the occ and jessie james shows...like jessie's work a little bit more because he seems to do more starting from scratch unlike the occ guys, id take a bike from either group tho. funny....all my buddies have been getting motorcycles here in the past month or so...i guess its one of those college things....i still havent broke down and got one...2 of them have honda shadows, one has a 600 and the other has a 750....i'd like to have a bike but im gonna have to get me a harley nothing big or fancy....a 883 sportster or maybe even a 1200 is all i would want or need....since the last bike i owned was a honda 125 xr

:steering: one buddy suggested that i sell my boat and get a bike hahahahahhahahahaha..........NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vern Swieringa
10-28-2004, 02:19 AM
My first bike was a 1975 Yamaha 650. Then I replaced her with a brand new Yamaha 650 in 1979. I think it was around 1981 that Yamaha came out with the 1100 Special, so I upgraded. That was a fligh'n machine. Took a little getting used. I found out the hard way that she didn't stop as quickly as my 650's. I laid her down about a foot short of a steep wooded decline. I traded her in for a snowmobile in 1985, after a good friend was killed on his motorcyle on his way to work.

I know motorcycles are dangerous, but I know I would drive a lot differently now than how I did in my teens & twenties. Then it was all about speed, :woohoo: and beleive me I would fly on that 1100. Harley's are a different kind of bike. Japan builds them to go fast. :eek3: America builds them with style and nostalgia. :headbang:

sizzler
10-28-2004, 02:53 AM
boys i know harleys are for cruising,,and japs for speed.....but,,,,for ,real "hey look at me " you can't beat a Ducati....
I have the 888 SP5...basically the bike that carl fogerty rode to the world champs in 1993..they just put mudguards and lights onto a racing bike and put it on the rode(pun)..it goes,looks and sounds awesome....

must get some pics posted as soon as i sort out the pc at home....

good morning america

lakes Rick
10-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Just to clarify things here, "sporty's " are not Harleys....
Do I need to say anything about the Jap junk????

lakes Rick
10-28-2004, 01:40 PM
boys i know harleys are for cruising,,and japs for speed.....but,,,,for ,real "hey look at me " you can't beat a Ducati....
I have the 888 SP5...basically the bike that carl fogerty rode to the world champs in 1993..they just put mudguards and lights onto a racing bike and put it on the rode(pun)..it goes,looks and sounds awesome....

must get some pics posted as soon as i sort out the pc at home....

good morning america

edited by Rick

Leec
10-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Vern, good move.

Why would Superman need a motorcycle?
So true!! So true!!!! LOL:D
:smile:

captkidd
11-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Can you even begin to imagine how cool it would be to be able to go outside, take a running start and be able to fly "faster than a speeding bullet" wherever you wanted to go? :woohoo:

OTOH, Batman might ride a cool motorcycle. The Flash, Spiderman, Green Lantern, and Aquaman probably wouldn't need one (with Aquaman being the possible exception).