PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a ski rack

BigBarney
07-06-2006, 09:54 AM
I'd like to find a ski rack like you see in a retailer showroom that sits out in the open floor (made like a tee-pee). Anybody know any websites used by retailers where they purchase racks and stuff?

Workin' 4 Toys
07-06-2006, 10:12 AM
I'd like to find a ski rack like you see in a retailer showroom that sits out in the open floor (made like a tee-pee). Anybody know any websites used by retailers where they purchase racks and stuff?
Some I have seen are just rigid foam with slots cut out. I was thinking of doing the same thing in a few months for skis, boards, and ropes. I might make mine out of plywood and cover it in fabric to keep scuffs to a minimum. And to be able to hang it on the wall.

east tx skier
07-06-2006, 10:33 AM
For wall mounts, the little metal shelf supports and tracks from Lowe's work well for skis and bimini tops. The padded ladder hangers work well for knee boards and wake boards. Not the prettiest things in the world, but adjustable to meet changes in your gear over time.

sizzler
07-06-2006, 10:36 AM
that line that you store everything behind...........OCD at its best

east tx skier
07-06-2006, 10:38 AM
that line that you store everything behind...........OCD at its best

Actually, that's some wood casing/molding for an entertainment center I was working on at the time. But you can see the duck/duct tape on the floor that I use to line up the boat. ;)

sizzler
07-06-2006, 10:39 AM
i figured.......i saw the block for the wheels as welll.......

just messsing with ya doug

east tx skier
07-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Which is not to say I don't have an undiagnosed case of OCD when it comes to the toys. 8p

BigBarney
07-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Looks good easttxskier. My problem is that I don't have wall space in my utility room. I need something to go in the middle of the floor. I've offered to buy the racks at some local watersports retailers, but no luck. I'd make my own, but would just rather buy a rack and be done with it.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-06-2006, 10:59 AM
ETS, judging by the rear seat on the floor, you need that added cargo space of a (truck) excursion.:rolleyes: You could leave all the seats in then, and gain that "truck" ride you love so much.
And don't tell me you still have your edelbrock box on the floor "just in case" you sell the boat at stick the old one back on...8p

east tx skier
07-06-2006, 12:56 PM
ETS, judging by the rear seat on the floor, you need that added cargo space of a (truck) excursion.:rolleyes: You could leave all the seats in then, and gain that "truck" ride you love so much.
And don't tell me you still have your edelbrock box on the floor "just in case" you sell the boat at stick the old one back on...8p

The rear seat finally made it to a climate controlled storage room down the street. I could go for the newer Expedition and have the one that folded into the floor, but my kid to parent ratio isn't great enough to require the third row seat just yet.

No, the edelbrock box and original intake are gone. I offered it up on the pay it forward thread here for shipping costs and no takers. I offered it to my local dealer and received a poliite "thanks, but no thanks." Apart from surface rust, it wasn't in bad shape at all.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-07-2006, 09:33 AM
The rear seat finally made it to a climate controlled storage room down the street. I could go for the newer Expedition and have the one that folded into the floor, but my kid to parent ratio isn't great enough to require the third row seat just yet.

No, the edelbrock box and original intake are gone. I offered it up on the pay it forward thread here for shipping costs and no takers. I offered it to my local dealer and received a poliite "thanks, but no thanks." Apart from surface rust, it wasn't in bad shape at all.
A side from the ribbing on the intake and seat, that is one nice setup you have. I am sort of surprised you don't decorate the family room like that......;)

ski_king
07-07-2006, 09:47 AM
I plan on making one like the one Brazos Bum made as my winter project.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=8540&stc=1

east tx skier
07-07-2006, 10:02 AM
A side from the ribbing on the intake and seat, that is one nice setup you have. I am sort of surprised you don't decorate the family room like that......;)

Baby steps. I plan to start small with a few old ski gloves and maybe a rope dangling from the mantle. Before she knows it, the couch has a bimini top.

WTRSK1R
07-07-2006, 10:04 AM
That is a nice looking project. I will probably do that in my garage as well. :dance:

If you wanted to make it Free Standing, you could do that fairly easily by constructing it as an "A Frame" with ski storage on both sides.