PDA

View Full Version : my new website

rodltg2
07-05-2006, 03:31 PM
its in its baby stages , but i wanted to post this site i have created to get some feedback on it.

basically what i am looking to do is help out people interested in slalom course skiing get started and and get some good information. and maybe have some helpfull stuff for you shorltiners too. i want to have a place for people to post there used equipment as well..anyhting that i sell personaly i want to offer a demo on which is rare for used stuff..

any feedback at this point will be great...... also if you want me to add something to it. im sure there are misspelling as well ...

by the way im not looking to make money on this , im just do it for fun and to help promote the sport...

www.6ballsports.com

jkski
07-05-2006, 03:35 PM
For what it is worth, it looks great and I will be a visitor.

skeeler
07-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Looks good! Let me know if you need any help with any code or on building galleries.....
You may be familiar with my work; www.lockituponline.com.

ski_king
07-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Looks good, but you may have some problems with copyrights.

rodltg2
07-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Looks good, but you may have some problems with copyrights.

with which parts? the pics??

Ric
07-05-2006, 03:43 PM
I Like it

east tx skier
07-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Good stuff, Rod.

ntidsl
07-05-2006, 03:57 PM
put the usawater ski links etc...

maybe links to schnitzski, nichols, etc...

G-man
07-05-2006, 04:04 PM
The head to head photo is copywrited by either MC or Malibu, that could be a problem. The use of photography without the permission of the creator of the photo or the owner of the photo is a copyright infringement. Ownership can only be transfered in writting. It's is no different than illegal music downloads.

ntidsl
07-05-2006, 04:08 PM
i think water ski mag owns right to that actually

ntidsl
07-05-2006, 04:08 PM
which you should link too!

rodltg2
07-05-2006, 04:16 PM
the site is not too public yet so i should be ok with the photo temporarly... i want to replace it with a cool pic of a slalom course...

thanks for the input so far..

T5_Steve
07-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Looks good so far, Rod.

I've never run a course before but I'm hoping to soon, with help from #47of100TeamMC, and I'm probably gonna need lots of tips & advice.

I'd ask you link my boat brand's website on your new website, but I think that's against the rules here and I don't want the TMC Police coming after (and banning) me ;) .

rodltg2
07-05-2006, 04:37 PM
i think i know what boat you have ..

MYMC
07-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Rod,
If you need some MC tech help I'm willing to lend a hand...

atlfootr
07-05-2006, 05:47 PM
ii wanted to post this site and get some feedback on it.
GREAT swimsiut section :banana:
What's the front side of the 1st pic' look'n like? :rolleyes:

G-man
07-05-2006, 05:57 PM
i think water ski mag owns right to that actually

If an on staff person shot the photo the magazine would own the photos, if they paid a frelance photographer it depends on what he sold. Either way use without permission weather it is for a short time or not is copyright infringement. The amount of worry you have should relate to the depth of your pockets.

sassydog
07-05-2006, 06:07 PM
nice page rod, but where's the barefoot section, i couldn't find it?!?

rodltg2
07-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Rod,
If you need some MC tech help I'm willing to lend a hand...

thank i will take you up on that. by the way i should have asked first but is the meahgan pic ok? it seemes more suitble to use a known person for the front page...

rodltg2
07-05-2006, 06:21 PM
nice page rod, but where's the barefoot section, i couldn't find it?!?

i could put some barefooting info on . you'll have to help me ut on that though!

tex
07-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Rod,

Nice site..no offense..I like Skeeler's more!

sassydog
07-05-2006, 06:39 PM
i could put some barefooting info on . you'll have to help me ut on that though!

Naw man, i'm just yankin' your chain 'cause i don't slolam. But you better keep the swimsuit pics up though

MYMC
07-05-2006, 06:45 PM
thank i will take you up on that. by the way i should have asked first but is the meahgan pic ok? it seemes more suitble to use a known person for the front page...
As owner of the photo I hereby grant you permission to use it on your website. A link to www.mymastercraft.com would be nice but is not required ;)

rodltg2
07-05-2006, 06:51 PM
done.........

SkiDog
07-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Looks good! Let me know if you need any help with any code or on building galleries.....

TReadjack! Hey Skeeler, are you ready to pass out some passwords yet?!?!??! :D

phecksel
07-07-2006, 12:43 AM
its in its baby stages , but i wanted to post this site i have created to get some feedback on it.

basically what i am looking to do is help out people interested in slalom course skiing get started and and get some good information. and maybe have some helpfull stuff for you shorltiners too. i want to have a place for people to post there used equipment as well..anyhting that i sell personaly i want to offer a demo on which is rare for used stuff..

any feedback at this point will be great...... also if you want me to add something to it. im sure there are misspelling as well ...

by the way im not looking to make money on this , im just do it for fun and to help promote the sport...

www.6ballsports.com

Metaname keywords
Metaname description
get rid of the metaname reference currently on the page.

When you're ready to go mainstream, let me know and I'll put a link on our clubs web page. Cross linking increases your chances of being found and ranking higher in the search engines

rodltg2
07-07-2006, 12:50 AM
excuse my ignorance but whats metaname???

Farmer Ted
07-07-2006, 12:58 AM

look at the very top blue bar of IE, for this thread it says "TeamTalk - my new website - Microsoft Internet Explorer"

on you webpage it says " Page 1 - Microsoft Internet Explorer"

You need to edit the metatag to reflect your webpage or what ever you want it to say.

rodltg2
07-07-2006, 01:12 AM
ok, thanks, i dont know how yet .. but i'll figure it out!

rodltg2
07-07-2006, 01:12 AM
by the way , if anyone has any swimsuit pics , ski reviews or anyhting i could post please let me know..

phecksel
07-08-2006, 01:02 AM
It's metatags. It's the information contained in the html that you never see {sort of anyway}. Search engines use that data to help find your page.

Did you use GoDaddy's web creation feature? If so, go purchase frontpage or preferrably Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver has a steep learning curve, but well worth the learning time. Eventually you'll need to learn html coding too.

go to our ski club web site (http://www.bellevillelakewaterski.com) and right click view page source look at all the html coding at the top. Most of that is there to help improve search engine ranking. submitexpress.com was used to generate metatags.

It's a blast putting together web sites. Wait until you start putting in Java code or other scripts :)

How far will you let the swimsuit photos go?

rodltg2
07-08-2006, 11:27 AM
the swimsuit pics at least need to include a swimsuit. cant be to crazy since i will have links and such to waterski/boat companies...

SkiDog
07-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Rod, I have a few I'll send you. I'll try to get them to you tonite. Do you want me to e-mail them or what?
Skidog

phecksel
07-08-2006, 02:28 PM
the swimsuit pics at least need to include a swimsuit. cant be to crazy since i will have links and such to waterski/boat companies...
Do they have to be wearing it, LOL?

PendO
07-12-2006, 09:18 PM

.............. skeeler, password ??

Rixter_69
07-12-2006, 09:51 PM

Skeeler - nice site, especially like the pastease link. How does one get to your gallery? It looks like it ought to be interesting....

Cheers,

mpmartin
07-12-2006, 10:04 PM
I like your web site. I would like to see driving tips etc. I think a lot of new boat owners want to know how to drive like a pro, but don't know who to ask. Or they would just rather read about it. Or we could start a thread and see what happens.