PDA

View Full Version : Vandalised Slalom Course

georgea0731
07-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Our slalom course has been vandalised twice in the last 2 weekends on the public lake. All buoys cut (32 per) mini course and pre-gates. It's unbelievable and can't seem to do anything about it but move the course and hope it fixes the problem. Since we have to move it, we thought we'd go with a submersible course. Do you know where to get one of these?
Also, we have the original PVC poles which has 2 long 2 inch poles connected with a 1 1/2 short pole, would it be better to switch to the telescopic type?

NatesGr8
07-04-2006, 11:02 PM
couple paintball guns and a couple six packs. you'll eventually solve the problem.

erkoehler
07-04-2006, 11:07 PM
You might want to take your email, names, and phone number out of your signature...... :twocents:

tex
07-05-2006, 12:31 AM
We have a what I would call a almost semi privite lake...They jack with our jump more!

bret
07-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Who controls the lake, the level, shoreline, etc. Get a permit for the course, THEN when it happens, you can alert the sherrif, Game and Fish; maybe they can help.

We use chain on boat guides, 55m buoys, and green intermediate, with 24" bungee cord. Gates and skier balls, get rope, bungee and a pc of chain to hold them down - but we do have a permit for it. No vandals, just wallys and PWC

bigmac
07-05-2006, 08:12 AM
Who controls the lake, the level, shoreline, etc. Get a permit for the course, THEN when it happens, you can alert the sherrif, Game and Fish; maybe they can help.

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask, but it would be a very unusual law enforcement agency that would put their water patrol people on a lake all night with night vision goggles to try to protect a private ski course,

My neighbor had this issue with a ski course they had set up in our bay a few years ago. They finally resolved the issue with a Sony video camera (with "Night Shot") and infrared floods. It was a very interesting process.

I strongly advise against the paintball idea. Beside being illegal and constituting assault, it would likely only pi$$ 'em off making it even MORE likely they'd be back.

Jorski
07-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Check Wallyskier.com for the submersible parts..he is the guy that bought the remains of accusink.

east tx skier
07-05-2006, 12:41 PM
There is a DIY submersible course walk through on www.aquaskier.com. It's basically the same as the write up posted on Nicholl's and on here some time back. I'll see if I can find the link.

/edit. Here's the thread, George.

DIY Submersible Course (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=5790&highlight=Submersible)