PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gauge also misreading on MariStar 210VRS

NeilM
07-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Well, I might as well join in -- sounds like a too-common problem:
I ran out of gas yesterday with my gauge showing more than 1/4 tank remaining. Since the tank was empty and I had a long tow back (embarrassing), I tried adjusting the "empty" potentiometer on top of the sender -- I could get the gauge to show more, but not less.

I searched, but couldn't find any definitive resolutions for those of us with the newer-style senders...

Next steps (besides complain to the dealer who replaced my fuel tank last year after drilling a hole through it (long story!))?

erkoehler
07-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Did he replace it with the same size fuel tank?

RackAtak
07-04-2006, 11:47 AM
When my gauge shows 1/4 it is actually telling me that a tow is near so I make sure I the gas dock is in sight. Actually anything under a 1/2 makes me uneasy. I am not sure of the tank size, but at 1/4 it takes 20 gallons and $100.00! I pay the boat about $20.00 per hour for it's services, but I can't complain beacuse it never takes breaks and it hasn't called in sick yet!

NeilM
07-04-2006, 11:52 AM
erk,
Replacement tank was identical.

RackAtak.
At the price of fuel here, I can easily put $175.00 in the tank.

I guess I'm just plain fussy. The gauge should accurately display what's in the tank...

André
07-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Never trust a gas gauge on a skiboat...
Were you towed in by a Malibu?

NeilM
07-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Never trust a gas gauge on a skiboat...
Were you towed in by a Malibu?

Whenever I first get a boat, I "validate" the gas gauge - but I carry a 5 gallon Jerry can with me when I do it. What screwed me up this time was that it was the same boat -- I didn't think that when they changed the tank, they'd change the sender too...

Yes, A Tigé towed me in, past all the onlookers in Malibus, Centurions, Gekkos, Nautiques, Supras, Moombas.... :(

André
07-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Yes, A Tigé towed me in, past all the onlookers in Malibus, Centurions, Gekkos, Nautiques, Supras, Moombas.... :(
:noface: :noface: :noface:

BriEOD
07-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Ah stuff happens....

NeilM
07-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Ah stuff happens....

All the time... actually it was a great Canada Day weekend.. water was an unexpectedly warm 71 degrees F, calm winds in Southern Alberta (which are very rare), whole family together.. good friends, good beer (at the end of the day...:friday: )...

... all I need is to figure out how to fix my ^&*^&%^ fuel gauge...

NeilM
07-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Replaced fuel sender - problem still exists,replaced gauge - problem still exists,replaced MMDC, problem still exists,unplug all instruments except fuel gauge - problem gone,reconnect all instruments - problem returns,try each one by one - it's the Perfect Pass!we have a note into Randy at PP for advice...question... anyone else have a similar problem?

NeilM
08-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Well this might be one for a "it worked for me" thread....

Randy from Perfect Pass suggested it might be in the boat's wiring.

I cut off the ground wire for the Perfect Pass at the MasterCraft connector end and re-routed it to the ground buss under the instrument panel. The fuel gauge now works properly -- empty is now "E" on the gauge - not 1/4.