PDA

View Full Version : While backing, keep one eye on the front bumper...

Crash
07-03-2006, 11:50 PM
After a bunch of rookie mishaps...while backing the trailer up into its parking spot, the front bumper braised the chain link fence and ripped it off the brand new car. OOPS!!

Mag_Red
07-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Happens to the best of us. Hope the damage wasn't too bad.

michael freeman
07-04-2006, 12:24 PM
After a bunch of rookie mishaps...while backing the trailer up into its parking spot, the front bumper braised the chain link fence and ripped it off the brand new car. OOPS!!

I've almost taken my front bumper off a few times backing my boat into my back yard. It isn't hard to lose track of how close your truck is to something when trying to get the boat to turn a corner. Don't feel too bad.

Sorry to here about the damage

jimmer2880
07-04-2006, 08:35 PM
I did that on my F250 getting a Christmas tree a couple years back. Sure did look funny driving home. It was cheaper than I thought (I think around $200.00 for the bumper, I installed myself).

Crash
07-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Bad story telling, it wasn't my bumper it was someone else launching when we were drying the boat.

Considering my Tahoe was only 36 hours old at the time I would have been screaming bad words.
Just one other illustration of this rookies launching issues, they backed the boat into the water and it had drifted away because they didn't have mooring ropes for launching. There were multiple other issues, but too many to type.