PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Accident, Ouch!

erkoehler
07-03-2006, 11:21 PM
This is one of the guys that I ski and snowmobile with. Here is the email I got tonight!

"This photo captured the moment of Eric's accident. He is going to have surgery at Northwestern on Wednesday. He will have four plates put in his face and his jaw will be wired shut for 3 weeks. On a positive note, the ophthalmologist gave his eye a clean bill of health today. As you can see, he is very lucky that the ski's were not one inch in either direction. He is very uncomfortable right now and is looking forward to starting the recovery process. I will keep you all posted."

He is one of the most experience jumpers I have ever met/seen, and I am in shock that this happened.

erkoehler
07-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Here is a close up of the accident. :(

:cry:

bcampbe7
07-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Wow!
Glad he is going to be OK.

I hope he has a speedy recovery and is out jumping again soon.

Mag_Red
07-04-2006, 12:09 AM
:eek: I can see the ski hit him in the face but the impact was that bad??Geez I hope he has a speedy recovery. Just shows you how dangerous the sport we all love can be.

j2nh
07-04-2006, 06:13 AM
:eek: I can see the ski hit him in the face but the impact was that bad??Geez I hope he has a speedy recovery. Just shows you how dangerous the sport we all love can be.

You have to remember that the outside skier is doing a backflip (gainer) and Eric is doing a front flip and rotating in the oposite direction. Ski tip velocity at impact would be quite fast, kind of like getting hit in the face with a 2X4. First time I have ever heard of this kind of accident.

Thoughts and prayers are for a speedy recovery.

TMCNo1
07-04-2006, 10:06 AM
That is a unique photo.
Hope surgery goes well and our wishes for a speedy recovery from TMCNo1 and Lynn!

tex
07-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Horrible accident, what were they doing, double flip, double gainer? All my best wishes! We used to do cluster#ucks and I was always scared that the gainer guy was going to get me!

erkoehler
07-04-2006, 04:07 PM
I believe he was doing front flips, and the guy that hit him was doing gainers.... :(

tex
07-04-2006, 04:08 PM
It looks like the other guys are also doing a flip, gainer. Tough trick esp. a guy on the inside doing a gainer.

erkoehler
07-04-2006, 04:10 PM
It looks like the other guys are also doing a flip, gainer. Tough trick esp. a guy on the inside doing a gainer.

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure what was going on....I've never seen them that disorganized, and I don't know what happened to the guy on the other end.

tex
07-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Jumping gets very complicated as you add the # of jumpers. Talk about cool teamwork...Jumping with a group of guys that you trust is a very special thing. You really develop a bond. With that said, you can never relax! As I said before, best wishes to your friend!

erkoehler
07-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Jumping gets very complicated as you add the # of jumpers. Talk about cool teamwork...Jumping with a group of guys that you trust is a very special thing. You really develop a bond. With that said, you can never relax! As I said before, best wishes to your friend!

That is the key, and looking at the picture with the guy on the other end not even close to making it, I'm not sure what they were trying.