PDA

View Full Version : VT: Adaptive / Disabled Ski Event This Weekend....

pwillcutts
07-03-2006, 09:54 PM
If anyone in the Northeast has interest in disabled sports or knows someone who is disabled or has a disabled child, read on.....

This weekend there is a special water-ski (&tubing!!) instructional event for people with disabilities. I'll be hauling my '90 MC Tri-Star from CT up to Southern Vermont to volunteer for the event, which is being run by a good friend of mine who does this sort of work full-time all over New England. See the link below for more info on his non-profit, and for more details on this weekend.....

http://www.nepassage.org/modules/waterskiing06.html

This is a great group of people who volunteer, and it's a heck of a rewarding way to spend the day on the water. We'll be instructing & working with some genuinely inspiring disabled people of all ages and backgrounds who are looking to expand their horizons by learning a new sport or a re-learning a sport they once enjoyed when they were able-bodied.

I teach winter adaptive skiing in VT, but this is my first time getting involved with adaptive water-skiing.....and I'm sure it'll be a blast ! :smile:

kpugh1
07-16-2006, 09:02 AM
you will have a blast! My wife and I have been doing these clinics for several years and we love it. We do one clinic a month in the summer here in tennessee. The turn out is usually great and we always get new skiers. As a matter of fact, we just did one yesterday with a news crew from a local station in Nashville.