PDA

View Full Version : Ok I need some skin help

kycat2007
07-03-2006, 04:10 PM
I was reluctant to take my boat to 76 Falls and I was talked into it. I was able to keep it tied up close to the front of the houseboat to keep it from getting to much stuff thrown in it. Well I got one casuality. The passenger seat got a cig. burn in it.
There was another boat behind me and his got the worst of it. I am upset at the fact I took it because the guys who said to take it just say that is a shame.

Ok now I can't live with this burn hole in my seat. What do you guys suggest. The same seat got grease on it from a cooler when we loaded the houseboat. Should I try to get it fixed at a vinyl shop or can I get a new skin and just have it replaced?

I sent the "list" the photos from the trip. I am going to try to get another set of pictures from another who took more pictures.

thanks
in
advance
Brad

G-man
07-03-2006, 04:29 PM
A local shop may be able to pull out the bad panel and sew a new panel in. If the boat is a fairly new boat your dealer could get you a new skin for the whole cushion and the local shop could put it on for you.

kycat2007
07-03-2006, 04:47 PM
It is a 1997 Maristar. I am going to check out some of the local vinyl shops here. I was thinking someone posted that somebody had access to older skins somewhere.

erkoehler
07-03-2006, 04:49 PM
You can get the skins, but only in a single color, no accent colors. Where is the burn mark on the seat?

kycat2007
07-03-2006, 04:51 PM
It is passenger seat bottom, the one that is directly to left of driver and that can be removed when the back with the gas shock is opened. Eric I can take a picture if needed. It is color grey and has no accents. How much do these things run? Eric does this mean I have to look at buying a new used boat?

erkoehler
07-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Pretty much, just trade it in......:)

But seriously, depending on the location of the burn, you might not want to repair the burn....just replace the seat skin.

kycat2007
07-03-2006, 04:56 PM
I see that Doug posted this so I guess I need to holler at Boat Works?
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=103135&postcount=4

I will have to see wht it will cost. If it is $99 just for the skin does that include them puting it on?

erkoehler
07-03-2006, 04:58 PM
I see that Doug posted this so I guess I need to holler at Boat Works?
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=103135&postcount=4

I will have to see wht it will cost. If it is $99 just for the skin does that include them puting it on?

I think that is the cost for just the skin, not installation.

atlfootr
07-03-2006, 05:06 PM
It is passenger seat bottom, the one that is directly to left of driver and that can be removed when the back with the gas shock is opened.CALL THIS MAN!
ASAP ! :headbang:

I posted this on the TTBoard April 22'06

NEW SKINS ... Here's "The Man"
Jim Friant - "Upolstery Guy"
(865) 995 0607
(865) 679 2246 cellphn
(call until 10:30pm)

10-15 yrs. w/ MC Upolostery Dept.
Anyone who' smart enough to use him, will stay in touch w/ me.

atlfootr

east tx skier
07-05-2006, 12:58 PM
It is passenger seat bottom, the one that is directly to left of driver and that can be removed when the back with the gas shock is opened. Eric I can take a picture if needed. It is color grey and has no accents. How much do these things run? Eric does this mean I have to look at buying a new used boat?

Eric, according to Lex, at Rambo, as of July, MC will offer replacements for ten years back. So he may be able to still get the skin replaced if that info is right. Otherwise, he could go through altfooter's contact, whose contact info is in the FAQ. Apparently, he's using the same vinyl and will do the accent colors.

Ric
07-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Sadly, we obtained a tear in my gunwale vinyl this weekend. :mad:

I have no idea how or when it happened but it's near the top like something pinched it somehow but I just know I never saw anybody bump it with a ski or a shoe or anything :confused:

it is about a half inch long split in the off-white vynil found in an 05...
Can I patch it? Can a good interior shop patch it? Do I have to replace that entire lenght of vinyl?

We had a great time so I won't cry about it too much but it sure sticks out like a sore thumb!

kycat2007
07-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Ric, I called this
(865) 995 0607
(865) 679 2246 cellphn
and he told me he worked for Mastercraft for 11 years. He told me he gets his vinyl from mastercraft still. He told me to send him my seat and he would do the new skin for $60 plus shipping. I am going to try to take it to him because I do not want to give up the seat for too long. He said he could fix the small hole in the sundeck as well but I would have to take it apart.

I think at $60 installed that would be a good price. I imagine he could do any if you were willing to send it to him.

east tx skier
07-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Ric, I called this
(865) 995 0607
(865) 679 2246 cellphn
and he told me he worked for Mastercraft for 11 years. He told me he gets his vinyl from mastercraft still. He told me to send him my seat and he would do the new skin for $60 plus shipping. I am going to try to take it to him because I do not want to give up the seat for too long. He said he could fix the small hole in the sundeck as well but I would have to take it apart.

I think at $60 installed that would be a good price. I imagine he could do any if you were willing to send it to him.

Very good price.

Ric, are there any heat stamped MC logos on your gunwhale pad? Sorry to hear you got your first boo-boo (not to make light of it).

Ric
07-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Ric, I called this
(865) 995 0607
(865) 679 2246 cellphn

Thanks I will call
I will have to figure out how to remove the pad and how to ship it though :o
East, I dont think there are any MC markings in that pad but I need to take another look. I think the only MC markings I have are embroidered RED ones

east tx skier
07-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Well, if I had to guess, I'd say it won't matter as the replacement skins (at least for my boat) had no heat stamps. So with that in mind, I'd say get them from Jim and save a few bucks.