PDA

View Full Version : Newest Darwin award winner!

6ballsisall
07-02-2006, 08:17 PM
So last night we were driving home from a party in NKY on 275 and around the Hebron exit we started smelling this foul smell like burning rubber mixed with burning metal. It was on and off and since it was dark we couldnt see where it was coming from, I just knew it wasn't from the Jeep. So about 5 miles later I get off at our off ramp and in front of me is this mid 90's Chevy full size van just ROLLING out the smoke. I follow it to the stop light where it proceeds to start the back end on fire around the rear axle. Mind you the smoke and now flames were so big there is absolutely NO way the driver didn't know something was wrong. I start honkin and flashing my lights at them (the kept driving) and finally they pulled into a GAS station with the back end on fire!! The driver gets out and is pretty testy that I wanted them to pull over and said she KNEW there were flames off the back of the vehicle!!! (She managed to say this thru her two teeth, sorry to be rude but it was true) At this point another truck pulls up and were are yelling at them to get out of the van because it's on fire right at the gas tank!! She slowly gets out and her husband in the passenger seat gets out and walks right to the back axle while its on fire and starts CRAWLING under it. You could see kids rolling around inside the van so we yelled at the parents to get them out of the van, after a few choice words becuase we told them to do it they slowly got the kids out of the van and they were sitting on the drivers seat! :mad:
After a cooler full of ice, gatorades, and a fire extinguisher the other guy that pulled up to help and I got the van fire out. Amazingly enough the lady didn't even say thanks and in fact she was really mad at us! She told the other guy helping "can I go now" really snide like! What an evening!! I probably wouldn't be so pissed about it except for this kids being with their ignorant parents!!!!!!! :mad:

Hoosier Bob
07-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Darwin? If it were up to Darwin you would have let it burn! Saving a life that has no gratitude is frustrating to say the least but you did it and your life is better for it. That wasn't the family that drove off the bridge four miles later to their deaths was it? :confused: Too BAD! If not for the kids I would drive on. Poor kids have much worse to face now. Sorry for being such a downer but someone f-d with my water! :mad:

TMCNo1
07-02-2006, 08:57 PM
I got my azz chewed out early the other morning, by telling a driver that the driver had no brake lights, only one rear turn signal and the drivers backup lights were stuck on! The driver informed me in some choice words that it was the driver's husband's car and it wasn't the drivers problem, that the driver was late for work and I was holding the driver up!.........OK! :steering: ................ :popcorn: :popcorn:

milkmania
07-02-2006, 08:59 PM
I got my azz chewed out early the other morning, by telling a minority lady that she had no brake lights, only one rear turn signal and her backup lights were stuck on! She informed me in some choice words that it was her husband car and it wasn't her problem, she was late for work and I was holding her up!.........OK!

ya really don't want to get me started on the minorities:mad:

TMCNo1
07-02-2006, 09:01 PM
ya really don't want to get me started on the minorities:mad:

I can relate!.....PM to ya!

Maristar210
07-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Sometimes we need to just let them go, literally. Godspeed to them. Probably a rolling meth lab anyway.... :rolleyes:

Steve

Farmer Ted
07-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Dude,

you just interupted the harmony of life....the herd was about to be thinned and you mucked up the space/time continuum

-remeber the prime directive!

but seriously, you did a good deed, good karma coming your way!

H20skeefreek
07-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Milk, I don't know what you are trying to say there, but any negative talk about "minorities" in general needs to be removed. NO person is lesser than any other due to the color of thier skin. The only "lesser people" are ones that judge others because of superficial reasons, such as skin color.

Hoosier Bob
07-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Good point H20 but Milk is only pissed at the few that truley represent the minority of a minority. Not a class just a minority being few that has him po'd. What ever he is po'd at now he has his reasons. Hey I am 41 and qualify for age descrimination! I am now a minority and proud of it! :toast:
PS I have been drinkin' again! ;)

Farmer Ted
07-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Milk, I don't know what you are trying to say there, but any negative talk about "minorities" in general needs to be removed. NO person is lesser than any other due to the color of thier skin. The only "lesser people" are ones that judge others because of superficial reasons, such as skin color.

women?

can't live with 'em...

can't shoot 'em...

what are we supposed to give sheep the right to vote?

6ballsisall
07-02-2006, 11:45 PM
what are we supposed to give sheep the right to vote?

Hoosier Bob gives his sheep alot more rights than just voting!! :eek: :woohoo:

mpmartin
07-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Hey I am 43 that makes me a minorty too. Thats kind of cool. I never had to deal with taht before. I do that for a living " Put out fires" and we dont see people who are ungrateful very often. But I will say you can be any age and still be stupid. I also have observed that how many teeth you have is directly related to how many tatoos you have.

6ballsisall
07-03-2006, 12:16 AM
I also have observed that how many teeth you have is directly related to how many tatoos you have.

You know thats funny you mentioned that!! The dad ( assuming he is the dad :confused: ) had his whole upper body pretty much covered in tats. They had a boy that got out of the van that at first glance I'd say was a teenager, maybe 14 had one on his arm. It was late and it could have been a stick on but sure makes you wonder.......... :rolleyes:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Hoosier is an animal rights activist! :D

TMCNo1
07-03-2006, 12:36 AM
Hoosier is an animal rights activist! :D

And when it comes to the worlds oldest profession, you are an "Equal Opportunity Employer"!

phecksel
07-03-2006, 01:31 AM
I got my azz chewed out early the other morning, by telling a minority lady that she had no brake lights, only one rear turn signal and her backup lights were stuck on! She informed me in some choice words that it was her husband car and it wasn't her problem, she was late for work and I was holding her up!.........OK! :steering: ................ :popcorn: :popcorn:
Adding minority or even lady did not add anything to the story.

I got my azz chewed out early the other morning by telling the driver that she had no brake lights...

H20skeefreek
07-03-2006, 09:35 AM
pheck,

my point exactly. I probably would have said "this lady" but the color of her skin has NO bearing on the fact that she was a dummy. I do agree that she was a dummy, it just doesn't have anything to do with her being a "minority".

skibrink
07-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Stupidity has no socio-economic limits. I watched two groups, (age, race and likely economically diverse) pull the same stupid move on the boat ramp last weekend. Both disconnected the winch strap from the front of their PWCs before backing down a steep boat ramp and promptly slid said PWC off the trailer onto the concrete ramp. Old guy working at the marina said that it happens all the time.

TMCNo1
07-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Adding minority or even lady did not add anything to the story.

I got my azz chewed out early the other morning by telling the driver that she had no brake lights...

Thank you for bringing all this to my attention, that was rude of me and I apologize if I offended anyone, it was not intentional, it just came out that way. I will watch my language in the future.

I got my azz chewed out early the other morning by telling the driver that the driver had no brake lights...

See how easy it is? I have edited MY original post.

Hoosier Bob
07-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Saying Minority woman is redundant! White males between the ages of 18 and 40 are the only "Majority" I believe! All 26 of them! I am now a member of the aged and would appreciate it if you would address me as Minority Bob! I have earned it! :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Saying Minority woman is redundant! White males between the ages of 18 and 40 are the only "Majority" I believe! All 26 of them! I am now a member of the aged and would appreciate it if you would address me as Minority Bob! I have earned it! :D
I think I will call you Mr. Hoosier or Sir. thats how you address old people, to show respect! :wavey: