PDA

View Full Version : Team Work!

Hoosier Bob
07-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Ever wonder how many dumbasses there are out there? I have the answer. ALL OF THEM! We have a section on our lake that is perfect for slalom most of the morning if you hold it. Sunday I asked a BU owner how long he planned to ski? He said he wanted to ski as long as the water held up. I said no problem. I would ski to the other end of the run and hold while he did an up and back. He said great but I am going around the point? W T F? What an idiot! We have a stretch that is 3000' long and perfect and this dumbass can't grasp the idea of down and back, my turn? Four boats can hold this area and ski all day but we, yes we are too stupid and disorganized to work together to hold our glass! Two boats on each end rotating can hold a body of water for a long time. Anyway he went around the point to WAKERS heaven and while I was on the other end the Wake boat he had flushed out ruined what I had! Pissed and once again feeling Stevo137 I threw my ski and said FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-IT! If you aren't with me you are against me! CLICK CLICK BANG!:mad:

TMCNo1
07-02-2006, 07:38 PM
HB, calm down and relax, we understand. I don't think it's gonna get any better until some of these people get the message, then a new generation of DA's slid in and "Here we go again". The private ski site is the only real way to go, but not everyone can swing it, plus you loose the ability to take that evening dinner cruise or just raft up and sit and jab about your wasted water day! Toast! :friday:

Hoosier Bob
07-02-2006, 07:42 PM
I know but with a little organization and structure our public(Joe Public) waterways can be fine for all types of use including skiing. If anyone sees 4-6 skiboats in a cove they usually move on! Strength in numbers is all I am saying. Read my mind! ;) HB, calm down and relax, we understand. I don't think it's gonna get any better until some of these people get the message, then a new generation of DA's slid in and "Here we go again". The private ski site is the only real way to go, but not everyone can swing it, plus you loose the ability to take that evening dinner cruise or just raft up and sit and jab about your wasted water day! Toast! :friday:

TMCNo1
07-02-2006, 08:25 PM
I know where you are coming from. It's really frustrating!

BriEOD
07-02-2006, 09:10 PM
That sucks Bob. At least your boat is seeing the water!

Hoosier Bob
07-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Always need a third or fouth Brian! :D

Workin' 4 Toys
07-03-2006, 10:43 AM
HB, Sand in the tank????:rolleyes:

wiltok
07-03-2006, 10:49 AM
I think all of us suffer from this problem on our public lakes. I have often thought about just going over to my fellow skiers with beers one afternoon just to talk strategy (and power turns, holding water, etc..)

It only seems to be getting worse. We've moved our time - we are on the water skiing now by 5:30 AM - unbelivable glass this morning. By six, there were two other boats. By 6:30 - jet skiers were on the water...

BriEOD
07-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Always need a third or fouth Brian! :D
Dude I wish! I can't wait until September.

atlfootr
07-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Dude I wish! I can't wait until September.What?
You got no water over there in Lutzville :confused:

BriEOD
07-03-2006, 07:54 PM
What?
You got no water over there in Lutzville :confused:
No, plenty of water, just not enough time. I get home late Friday night and have to leave Sunday afternoon. Saturday normally equates to yard work, and doing the honey-do-list since I haven't "officially" been home since we moved in.

atlfootr
07-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Ever wonder how many dumbasses there are out there? I'm sitt'n on the dock w/ my dog Chaz, who most of you know by now. We're out here watch'n a "family outting" turn nasty.

A famiily group, w/ of all boat's a MC PS 205 having a yelling match beween Father (skier) and very young son (driver) :steering: that's behind the wheel. I'll bet as you read this, you know in your head already what's taking place and is about to unfold; perhaps you've even been there yourself.

Anyway, pop's com'n up on a pair of doubles - attempt'n a step off to one . With the son steering who BTW, can bearly see over the windshield slow'n down and dropp'n to almost idel speed every time he attempts his transition drown'n the 'ol guy as he's cry'n out for more speed.

All this is happing as mom's yell'n @ dad to get up, get up :rant:

It was a pretty funny scene, man :purplaugh:
Here's to lakefront living :friday:

Davo
07-10-2006, 10:09 AM
...By 6:30 - jet skiers were on the water...

Oh man, that is harsh. Thankfully, the jet skiers in my area like to sleep in for the most part. They usually won't get out before 10am...except for the occasional early cruiser. I thought those guys preferred the rough water!

As for HB's situation....some people just don't get it. :rolleyes: