PDA

View Full Version : Water splashing through platform

jumperdp
07-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Hello, I have a 2000 Prostar 195 and its got gaps in the platform and I often ski on a pretty rough lake and anytime I leave it on the dock I get back to soaked seats and a soaked storage locker, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions to prevent this water from splashing up or if anyone else has this issue because I hate putting the boat away wet, and I can't come up with a good solution to prevent this problem, I thought about turning the boat around, but it's on a straight dock and it's too shallow for the rudder/prop if I turn it around so that's out of the question.
-Dave

Harvey
07-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Lay a towel across the back seats? Build an extension on the dock that you can swing it over behind the boat to break the rollers? A new solid platform might not solve the problem but you could try it.

If the rollers are big enough and the back of the boat is gradually slanted toward the interior then you dont have to worry about them coming up through the deck they are coming over the platform and up the back into the boat. The only fix for that is to point the bow out.