PDA

View Full Version : When are you calling it a season?

tall_ andy
10-26-2004, 04:19 PM
Well it looks like today is the last day of the season for us :( Planning on getting our last sets in and pulling the boat out.

ktn_cmu
10-26-2004, 04:23 PM
I skied for the last time this year about 2-3 weeks ago. I hate this time of year...

Mag_Red
10-26-2004, 04:57 PM
:cry: I just finished running 5 gallons of anti-freeze through the motor and pulling the battery :cry: Looking back.........I couldn't have had a more wonderful Summer. Had a brand new MasterCraft after not boating for over 12 years. Had many delightfull moments with my daughter, her best friend Becky..and let's not forget........Lisa ( Mag Red's "Boating Mate") Here's hoping next year will be as great as this year has been! :toast:

ktn_cmu
10-26-2004, 05:05 PM
...and who may I ask, are the girls in the photo????

VTJC
10-26-2004, 05:06 PM
Yesterday was probably the last day we will ski here in VT. The boat will probably be winterized for its first time this weekend, it’s recently transplanted from FL. Going to missing waterskiing, but should be snow skiing in a month! Jamie

G-man
10-26-2004, 05:07 PM
I feel sorry for you guy's in the north. We loose about five months on average of not skiing. This year has been mild with temps 12 degrees high on averagefor this time of year. Last Tuesday water temp 71 degrees. Our lake is shallow and one good cold front could put it in the 50's. Hoping to ski through November. With that said the wife and kids quit skiing shortly after Labor Day and join me again Memorial day. they're slackers

VTJC
10-26-2004, 05:14 PM
You southern guys amaze me. We only loose about 5 months of waterskiing time up here Nov-March. But those months we are snow skiing. If it’s over 50 degrees you should be skiing! Jamie

Mag_Red
10-26-2004, 05:20 PM
...and who may I ask, are the girls in the photo???? :uglyhamme Down boys! The one on the left is my 15 year old daughter and the other girl is her friend, Becky. 8p

Stritt
10-26-2004, 05:24 PM
My down time has been for the last month with the boat at the factory :rolleyes: . Other than that, no downtime and no winterizing. I love Fl even with the hurricanes. ;)

ktn_cmu
10-26-2004, 05:26 PM
:uglyhamme Down boys! The one on the left is my 15 year old daughter and the other girl is her friend, Becky. 8p

DANG!!! Cause Ohio is not that far from MI...

MarkP
10-26-2004, 05:32 PM
My boat went into the Cave 10 days ago:( ..

east tx skier
10-26-2004, 05:33 PM
I'll be on the water through the end of November methinks. Will start up again in March. By my count, that's only 3 months down.

Mag_Red
10-26-2004, 05:40 PM
DANG!!! Cause Ohio is not that far from MI... :purplaugh yeah but after 5 minutes of listening to their Jessica Simpson CD, you'll want to shot your brains out! that's just one of the reasons I put a stereo remote control right by the throttle :D

ktn_cmu
10-26-2004, 05:52 PM
:purplaugh yeah but after 5 minutes of listening to their Jessica Simpson CD, you'll want to shot your brains out! that's just one of the reasons I put a stereo remote control right by the throttle :D

LOL!!!

Anyway, thought all you southerners might like to see what happens in the winter to our lakes up here in the north... :mad:

JimN
10-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Quick! Somebody send Mag an Ashley Simpson CD so he'll know how good he's had it when they played Jessica!

Mag_Red
10-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Quick! Somebody send Mag an Ashley Simpson CD so he'll know how good he's had it when they played Jessica! :rolleyes: Ok Smart Arz...maybe it was Ashley :D Still would have prefered Linkin Park or Bush 8p

mitch
10-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Went last weekend. Maybe 2 more weeks here in Mass/NH for me...Boat can not go into storage until Mid Nov., so I figure keep it rdy to go, even though it's colder that $#@& out. Go Sox!!!!

Ric
10-26-2004, 08:21 PM
Mag we will pretty much ski all year but the bikini's are hard to find between november and february here. My new boat is due here mid november and God willing I will have a respectable bit of hours on it by spring.
Winterizing? What is that?

Mag_Red
10-26-2004, 08:47 PM
Mag we will pretty much ski all year but the bikini's are hard to find between november and february here. My new boat is due here mid november and God willing I will have a respectable bit of hours on it by spring.
Winterizing? What is that?You're a lucky man Ric :toast: It's getting back into the 70's here again....but I must just be getting old........just don't feel like jumping in the waterand getting one last set in....besides I lost my driver.

Ric
10-26-2004, 08:52 PM
positive is that you have all winter to get a new mrbm I never liked her anyway

kidding man!

But I feel your pain yearly as I travel on biz to toledo, detroit etc during march/april and your weather chillis my old bones! You could move but where else can you make all that money!

NeilM
10-27-2004, 12:18 AM
yep..

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1007

sizzler
10-27-2004, 03:59 AM
lake was down to 48 here on sat/sun...def. dry-suit conditions.....still got some footin and boardin' in........back this weekend as we have a hallowe'en disco for the kids ....another american tradition we seem to partake in(mastercrafting inc.) ...better go and get my pumpkins and start carving........

the guys in the colder climes....do you drain your hoses( dont get smutty) after every session (if not winterizing) and then just re-attach them the next weekend, or do you take any other precautions???

Man goes to the doctor "i think i'm going deaf"
the doctor asks "what are the symptons"
man replies "cartoon family with yellow heads"

good morning america :popcorn:

gene dobies
10-27-2004, 09:56 AM
My down time has been for the last month with the boat at the factory :rolleyes: . Other than that, no downtime and no winterizing. I love Fl even with the hurricanes. ;)

What happened to your boat?

tex
10-27-2004, 10:00 AM
:rolleyes: Ok Smart Arz...maybe it was Ashley :D Still would have prefered Linkin Park or Bush 8p

I don't much care for linkin park but i am a big fan of BUSH!

east tx skier
10-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Mag, if you've got an Ashley Simpson CD, you've pretty much seen her live show, too. :D

JimN
10-27-2004, 11:54 AM
And you know this because......?

captkidd
10-27-2004, 12:33 PM
Yeah Mag, I think JimN was saying that both Simpsons (not Homer and Marge) are pretty bad singers. Ashleigh was on Saturday Night Live last week and apparently (I didn't see it) when she started singing her second song you could hear the words and music from her first song playing also (can you say "Milli Vanilli"?).

Sizzler, very good one.

JimN
10-27-2004, 03:30 PM
According to their dad (who apparently knows best), Ashlee ran off of the stage because of acid reflux. What a load of hooey!

ski_king
10-27-2004, 03:41 PM
.....both Simpsons (not Homer and Marge) are pretty bad singers......
Now Bart is a good singer, did you ever hear him sing "In The Garden of Eden" to the tune of Iron Butterfly's "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"?

Now for the perfect skiing partner, it has to be Marge Simpson, she is HOT!! I am not sure if she would want toget that hair wet though.

Now what was this thread about anyway?
Oh, yea, my boat will be tucked away for the winter this weekend.

Leroy
10-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Mine went on blocks last Friday and now it's surprise, in the 70's this week.

captkidd
10-27-2004, 04:40 PM
JimN, I'm very impressed that you knew how to spell Ashlee's name correctly (unlike me). Guess it helps to have the CD handy. :D

Sorry, just couldn't help it. No harm intended.

How does "acid reflux" explain the fact that you could hear her voice and music from the first song playing during the second song? I'd have acid reflux too if I sensed my credibility going down the toilet.

captkidd
10-27-2004, 05:05 PM
:dance: Weather forecast for Saturday is 78F here. But there's a 20% chance of rain, so don't feel too bad. :dance:

JimN
10-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Powerslot- you do know 'In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida' is 'In The Garden Of Eden', right? He was just too gooned to sing it right.

If you look at my first post on he, I misspelled it. I happened to see an article about her afterward and thought, "If I spell her name right, maybe I have a chance......" NAHHHHHHHHHH!

Acid reflux doesn't explain anything. I hardly ever run offstage when I have it.

Jerseydave
10-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Well it looks like today is the last day of the season for us :( Planning on getting our last sets in and pulling the boat out.

My last was 2 weeks ago.....with you guys!

Thanks again for taking me out on the course this year. It was great.

ski_king
10-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Powerslot- you do know 'In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida' is 'In The Garden Of Eden', right?
Well, ah , no Jim..... I should have known. I can't even use the excuse that it was before my time......
Well anyway, I consider myself lucky as my 14 and 17 year old daughters do not like Ashlee or Jessica Simpson and I don't get stuck listening to them and their acid reflux music.

MarkP
10-27-2004, 09:03 PM
"acid reflux music".:uglyhamme

BriEOD
10-27-2004, 09:45 PM
I'm thinking about going on Sat if I can find a driver. Water temp is 69 today. The air has been low 70's. Still good ski weather. It's just hard to break away from the new little guy.

Mark, Cave...would that be the bat cave? LOL Oh BTW good looking QB you guys have up there in big Ben. Although the comparisons to Dan the Man Marino are a bit much (my fave player of all time).

MasterCrafting
10-28-2004, 12:05 AM
Acid reflux doesn't explain anything. I hardly ever run offstage when I have it.

JimN Male Dancer! :headbang:

MarkP
10-28-2004, 11:38 AM
Bri

I agree with all of that.

A lot worried about Sunday as the Pats come into town:eek:

east tx skier
10-28-2004, 11:56 AM
And you know this because......?

... she got busted for lip synching on SNL last week. She sort of hopped around for a second and then ran off the stage. First she blamed it on her band for playing the wrong song, which apparently didn't match up with the pre-recorded audio track. Later she blamed it on acid reflux. I've got relatives with acid reflux, and realize it's a problem, but it doesn't change the fact that I long for a time when there are more musicians in the music business.

east tx skier
10-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Now for the perfect skiing partner, it has to be Marge Simpson, she is HOT!! I am not sure if she would want toget that hair wet though.

There's just something about Marge. I think it's her infinite patience that's so sexy. :love:

east tx skier
10-28-2004, 11:59 AM
Mark, I've been laughing about that all week. When did we go from Acid Rock to Reflux Rock?

JimN
10-28-2004, 12:15 PM
A lot of singers have a "guide track" that is used to make the vocals sound fuller (or helps them remember how the song goes) and this is what was supposedly to blame. A computer error. Yeah, right! More like a people error.

No, I am not a male dancer. I just play one on TV.

If the music from one song is so similar that the band just started playing along with it, there's a problem. Actually, there has been a problem with the music industry for a really long time if they need to make music according to a formula just so the record companies can make buttloads of money by trotting out untalented and inexperienced musicians and singers. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE RADIO STATIONS!!!!!!! :rant:

We need more bands like Junior Brown, The Hellecasters, Greg Koch and the Tone Controls, Little Feat, etc. Not that they're the only worthwhile bands, but they have a lot more integrity.

Next time any of us goes to a band on their "Back From Rehab Tour", make note of how spontaneous they are and if they play the songs the way they did on the record. I don't mean that they need to do Greatful Dead meandering solos, but at least they can make something up as they go along that sounds good. I want to hear more musicianship from a band that has been around and playing for 25 -30 years. If they can't do that, they've just been going through the motions the whole time, or they don't want to disappoint the people who think it's cool that they "played it just like the record!". I'd be in rehab, too, if I had to play all of the songs exactly the same way, over and over, year in and year out. :rant: :rant:

:o OK, I feel better now.

bcampbe7
10-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Hearing someone live, and acoustic, is the best way to find out if they have real talent. Not sure if anyone listens to Staind, but their lead singer, Aaron Lewis is awesome live. There are a few of the "newer" groups and singers that are great live.
I would love for someone to do a "Punked" sort of thing on the red carpet. They could ask Britney Spears, Ashlee Simpson, or any of the other cookie cutter "singers" to do a little bit of one of their songs, LIVE with no help. It would be funny to see them get red and back down. :purplaugh

east tx skier
10-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Jim, check out Soulhat's album outdebox. I think you might like it.

JimN
10-28-2004, 03:50 PM
By "acoustic", do you mean with no electronics at all, on amplified acoustic instruments, or just without a lot of processing? There are a lot of bands out there that don't play acoustically and it's still easy to tell if they are talented or not. Obviously, there's a big difference in technique between acoustic and electric but if the band is cooking (swinging for you/us old cats), it'll show.

east tx skier
10-28-2004, 04:00 PM
Agreed. If you've seen Beck, the Flaming Lips, or the Talking Heads/David Byrne for that matter, they're hardly acoustic (although they all seem to have been at some point), but they're pushing boundaries (musically, nobody wants to see Beck's bare midrif) and have talent.

bcampbe7
10-28-2004, 05:24 PM
Jimn-
I guess I am referring to hearing musicians on the radio. I mainly listen to country music, but will listen to anything. I have heard a lot of musicians on the country radio stations in Nashville where it's just them and a guitar. I guess this may be processed, I don't know. I don't know if this is played Nationally but there is a bar in Nashville that has writers and porfessioanal musicians playing almost every night. It is called the Bluebird Cafe'. They have some very talented people on there. Some of the writers are more talented singers than the pros. It is televised Wednesdays...

east tx skier
10-28-2004, 05:43 PM
Another good "real music" show along the lines of what Bcampe is talking about is Austin City Limits.

bcampbe7
10-28-2004, 05:52 PM
"Austin City Limits..."
I wish we got that here...

tex
10-28-2004, 05:54 PM
Iam thinking of trying out as a tambourine player for this Ace of Base cover band here in Fort Worth.

east tx skier
10-28-2004, 06:04 PM
"Austin City Limits..."
I wish we got that here...

You don't get PBS?

bcampbe7
10-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Yeah, when is it on? Day and time?

Ryan
10-30-2004, 03:17 PM
Oops .

Ryan
10-30-2004, 03:31 PM
A little backwards. My season just started!

It's plain dangerous to ski in So CA through the summer. So, I take ski trips to MT, and NV and work on my boat in the summer. I ski a lot more often from mid Sept through the end of May. Once the wakeboarding kids get back in school the water smooths right out, especially if there is a 15%+ chance of rain! Ha!

mitch
10-31-2004, 01:21 PM
last run today. 68 outside. :cool:

jimmer2880
11-01-2004, 07:58 AM
My last run was Saturday.... pretty sad. Air temp was 78. Water was 52. It sure didn't feel like last run weather (usually 50 couple air & 40 couple water)

I'll winterize the baby one night this week. It's a sad, sad time.

tex
11-01-2004, 10:11 AM
Ribs finally got to the point where I wanted to ski. I went out Sunday morning. My buddy blew a hammy out on his 2nd jump so that put a damper on the day. I did get one foot set in. The water is still great. We are along way off from drysuit time!!!! It is great! God Bless Texas!

east tx skier
11-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Tex isn't kidding. The water was perfect this weekend. It's actually warmer than it was two weeks ago. Still in shorts and a vest only. We saw one other ski boat this weekend. The rest were fisherman.

MarkP
11-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Wow!!

Sounds GREAT!! :toast: Hey, did I tell you guys, “wish I had a boat”:wavey:

mitch
11-01-2004, 08:47 PM
It's only been a day and I still can't believe I'm done for the season. Very jealous of you southern boys.

jimmer2880
11-02-2004, 07:49 AM
Wow!!

Sounds GREAT!! :toast: Hey, did I tell you guys, “wish I had a boat”:wavey:

??????? Care to explain? or was that just a flashback from last year?

MarkP
11-02-2004, 10:26 AM
Half flashback, half, my boat is away (storage) for the winter. The garage seems Sooooo empty..

jimmer2880
11-02-2004, 12:26 PM
I still haven't winterized mine yet.... But - it looks like it's going to start to get chilly this week. Maybe it'll get done tonight.

That is - unless you show up with ski in hand!:steering:

MarkP
11-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Yer killen me:cry:

tex
11-02-2004, 01:06 PM
where is hagerstown?

MarkP
11-02-2004, 01:25 PM
tex,

Thats in MD. North of DC.

tex
11-02-2004, 01:28 PM
tex,

Thats in MD. North of DC.

so it's not sunny and 78 right now?

MarkP
11-02-2004, 02:33 PM
MAN

Its going to be a long cold winter.:friday:

I plan on getting reservations for my boat storage spot next year. That way I can ski this good water (October, November/December) and be assured my storage spot when I am done with my season. I don’t mind the cold:dance:

Oh, no its not 78

jimmer2880
11-02-2004, 03:09 PM
I'm about 2 hours northwest of DC. No - it's not what a Texan would call warm & sunny (unless 68 is warm to you). But, to Mark & I, we're having darn nice weather for November!

tex
11-02-2004, 05:41 PM
MarkP-If it makes you feel better-58 windy and raining! they could throw in some hail for fun!

mitch
11-02-2004, 05:55 PM
Didn't I hear snow somewhere in Texas today/tomorrow? Mark, I have heated winter storage for $350/year, and he can't take the boat till mid Nov., which is good for me. 72 degrees all winter, and I have decent access to the boat for wipedowns etc. I usuallt give it a quick mid-winter vac and wipedown, sometimes twice :D

jimmer2880
11-03-2004, 07:07 AM
Didn't I hear snow somewhere in Texas today/tomorrow? Mark, I have heated winter storage for $350/year, and he can't take the boat till mid Nov., which is good for me. 72 degrees all winter, and I have decent access to the boat for wipedowns etc. I usuallt give it a quick mid-winter vac and wipedown, sometimes twice :D
There's a guy close to me who has a converted hog barn turned into boat storage for $30.00 a month. You could eat off of the floors. It's not heated, but it's so well insulated (double-wall construction, etc), it never gets below freezing.

Not as good access though - you have to call him a couple days ahead of time to even get in the place.

mitch
11-03-2004, 08:50 AM
That a great deal! Mine is thru a good friend who uses the warehouse for a lawncare company in the summer, but it's empty except for a few boats in the winter. He offered it to me for 175.00, but I didn't feel right taking him up on that cause there's a waiting list to get in. He could use the dough. I'd jump on the $30.00/month

BriEOD
11-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Well, spent the better part of the day put the boat away for the winter. It was a good season, no major problems.

Ryan
11-14-2004, 12:20 AM
I just went out this morning! Air Temp: 65@8:00am, 78 11:00am. Water temp: ~69 (only 62 at the beach-the harbor stays warmer).

I'll be skiing on Thanksgiving and plan to go at least three times between Christmas and New Years. There is a chance I'll be transferred to Denver in the spring. I don't think I'll be able to keep up the same ski schedule if that happens. But, the snow skiing makes for a pretty decent trade off. :banana:

BriEOD
11-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Ok no need to rub it in! ;)

André
11-14-2004, 07:32 PM
2 inches thick ice here,just not enough to call it hockey season yet...