PDA

View Full Version : Modified Bimini

Wes
07-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Finally took a picture of the standard bimini modified to fit under a tower.

Kell
07-02-2006, 01:09 AM
What did you have to modify?

Wes
07-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Kell, we took out about 6-8 inches out of the middle of the front tube and about 5 inches from the middle tube. Then inserted a slightly smaller tube to join them together and used screws to hold them. Saved waiting for a bimini from the manufacturers and money...

Kell
07-10-2006, 02:39 AM
Kell, we took out about 6-8 inches out of the middle of the front tube and about 5 inches from the middle tube. Then inserted a slightly smaller tube to join them together and used screws to hold them. Saved waiting for a bimini from the manufacturers and money...Wes, when you removed sections of the front and middle bows, did you have to rebend the curved portion of those bows so that it fit in the mounts on the sides? I have a bimini that I need to modify for the same reason (tower install).

Wes
07-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Kell

No bending required, just inserted the smaller tube. It does take a bit of juggling to get it through the tower, but we did not want to take too much out.

hokiecharlie
07-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Did you not have to do anything to the bimini top itself? If so, how did you accomplish that? Did you need to modify the way the bimini attaches to the boat? When not in use do you keep the bimini up along the tower to stay out of the way or does it still need to rest on top of the boat. I just put a tower on a 98 Prostar 205. It had a nice bimini that I hate to just discard. But, I have been advised by the dealer and others on this ite to get a new one. It uses straps to attach to the boat and lies on top of the boat in front of the windshield or behind the motor when not in use . I guess a new one would attach to the tower.