PDA

View Full Version : dock / home construction continues ....

atlfootr
07-01-2006, 08:27 AM
dock / home construction continues .... @ atlfootr's new place :wavey:
Work'n on the remain'n few feet of dock at the foot of the ramp right now, then another 20' along the catwalk ..

SteveO
07-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Atl. Looks good. One question. Is the wateralways that choppy? Hope the new place is treating you right.

atlfootr
07-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Atl. Looks good. One question. Is the wateralways that choppy? Hope the new place is treating you right.Thanks :wavey:
New place is comin'n along well. another 3' feet to go on the dock land'n and some really good is -- my mechanic brought my BF200 back home this morn'n ! :dance:
It only has 30 MINUTES break in - on my newly restored engine! :popcorn:

atlfootr
07-02-2006, 10:47 AM
dock / home construction continues .... @ atlfootr's new place :wavey:
Work'n on the remain'n few feet of dock at the foot of the ramp right now, then another 20' along the catwalk .. Finished landing part yesterday afternoon :worthy:

Now only a few things left to do :
deck out another 20' along the left side catwalk ..
install roof trusses
lay roofing system and shingles
pop chalklines on deck and trim waste
install boat lift

atlfootr
07-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Deck Job = Last remaining section :D
Work'n on it now, as your reading this

JohnnyB
07-15-2006, 07:58 PM
New place is comin'n along well. another 3' feet to go on the dock land'n and some really good is -- my mechanic brought my BF200 back home this morn'n ! :dance:
It only has 30 MINUTES break in - on my newly restored engine! :popcorn:

What are you replacing the BF200 with?

Also, post some house pix.....I'm envious of your lakefront living....enjoy :D

lsupcar
07-15-2006, 11:41 PM
That looks like it is coming along great. I have to ask though, how are you going to get your boat in and out of your slip with that grass in the way? Bill Z

atlfootr
07-16-2006, 07:30 AM
That looks like it is coming along great. I have to ask though, how are you going to get your boat in and out of your slip with that grass in the way? Bill ZThanks, Bill :wavey:
Here's the finished results - edging both sides which I'll do later today.

The grass directly behind the boat, I'll have to pull out by hand.
The remain'n sides I'm leav'n to act as a buffer protection for backwash from other boats, also saves my shoreline from wash'n out as well.

atlfootr
07-16-2006, 07:32 AM
Chaz test'n Dad's workmanship ...

atlfootr
07-16-2006, 07:48 AM
Now only a few things left to do :

* install roof trusses
* lay roofing system and shingles
* install boat lift

atlfootr
07-16-2006, 07:56 AM
What are you replacing the BF200 with?
Also, post some house pix.....I'm envious of your lakefront living....enjoy :D

Replacing my BF200 :confused: What ar ya :jumping:
It's 100% BRAND NEW and besides that, it's irreplaceable! :rant:
I'll throw some house pic's up on here later today, round 4.

JohnnyB
07-16-2006, 08:38 AM
Replacing my BF200 :confused: What ar ya :jumping:
It's 100% BRAND NEW and besides that, it's irreplaceable! :rant:
I'll throw some house pic's up on here later today, round 4.

Sorry, after a long day in the sun and on the water, I read "brought" as "bought" and was shocked to see that, knowing what you've done to it over the last year or so and what great shape it was in....didn't think you could find anything that would measure up.:D

atlfootr
07-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Sorry, after a long day in the sun and on the water, I read "brought" as "bought" and was shocked to see that, knowing what you've done to it over the last year or so and what great shape it was in....didn't think you could find anything that would measure up.:DWe all know what that liquid sun can do :friday:
Therefore JohnnyB, I've taken the liberity of spell'n it out for you.:uglyhamme
As eariler stated, my mechanic brought "b r o u g h t" my BF200 back home this morn'n !
So, when are you com'n down to get some FREE PULLS !

JohnnyB
07-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Recently booked to take the kids to Disney March 17-24. Staying at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club on International Drive. Have already been talking to my wife about me taking a 1/2 day to attend a BF clinic (Scarpa, St Onge, Bowers, ????) somewhere in the area or at least get a couple sets in.......means on warm WI days in Jan/Feb I'll be trying to get out to get some water time.

atlfootr
07-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Recently booked March 17-24. talking to wife about me taking a 1/2 day BF clinic (Scarpa, St Onge, Bowers, ????) or at least get a couple sets in.......means on warm WI days in Jan/Feb I'll be trying to get out to get some water time.DON"T wait 'til then to come down .. That's practicly a year away :rant: :noface: NO GOOD!
What will it take to persuade you to come sooner?

Current City Temp

Winter Haven, FL
81F :)
Mostly Cloudy
Feels Like:86F
Humidity: 78%
Wind: ESE at 13 mph

JohnnyB
07-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Going to see orthopedic doc as soon as i can get in to evaluate continuing IT Band issue that's hampering my footin......I'm about 60-70% of normal strength right now due to this. Hoping no more than cortisone to fix but not sure.

Getting desparate to find a fix.....next may be chiropractor, acupuncture, ?????

Would like to have this fixed if I'm going to make a pilgrimage to FootinMecca.....

JohnnyB
07-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Oh, I forgot....

93F Clear
Feels Like:103F
Humidity: 53%
Wind: SSW at 6 mph

WI is beautiful this time of year:D

atlfootr
07-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Oh, I forgot....WI is beautiful this time of year:DI always invision it WI with frozen tundras and dry suits w/ hoods and booties :eek3:

Can relate to many a injury, one of the many pearals from the sport.
Chiropractor helped me TONS! But a really good one.

PM - ME and I'll xplain how.
I also went to an acupuncturist once, think I'll find another down here.
So what's this pilgrimage to FootinMecca ..... your talk'n about
:confused:

JohnnyB
07-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Isn't Winter Haven the Barefoot capital of the world :confused:

atlfootr
09-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Isn't Winter Haven the Barefoot capital of the world :confused:Why YES it is ..... that IS the reason we moved here :D