PDA

View Full Version : What makes a MariStar Different?

RackAtak
07-01-2006, 12:41 AM
What makes a MariStar different in order to have MariStar on the side as opposed to MasterCraft on the side?

east tx skier
07-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Different than what? Lots of differences between the maristars and pro stars. Different hull. No tracking fins (I think). Some were Vdrives, some earlier ones were direct drives. Basically the same as the x series but without the standard tower an graphics. I'm sure there's more.

TMCNo1
07-01-2006, 12:53 AM
What makes a MariStar different in order to have MariStar on the side as opposed to MasterCraft on the side?

Nothing if you change the decals, you would just have a luxury X-Something, that doesn't say X-Something but MasterCraft instead, I guess! Kinda makes you wanna question your whole life!

RackAtak
07-01-2006, 01:30 AM
What I meant was, are they a "luxury" model? More features? More family oriented? I guess the ProStar series could be labeled a hardcore ski boat. Are they what the Escalade is to the Tahoe or vice versa? Different price point? Are they still produced?

TMCNo1
07-01-2006, 10:58 AM
What I meant was, are they a "luxury" model? More features? More family oriented? I guess the ProStar series could be labeled a hardcore ski boat. Are they what the Escalade is to the Tahoe or vice versa? Different price point? Are they still produced?

I got out my 2006 Big Mastercraft brochure for a refresher course!

You got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And they make'um everyday, [5] Freshwater and [4]Saltwater Series and they all say small "MariStar" on the rear sides and a big "MasterCraft" on the sides. Less hardcore X-Series watersports performance equipment and more Luxury features. Price difference? Your local dealer will assist you in that respect! Just carry a big truck load of quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies!

SKI*MC
07-01-2006, 11:52 AM
I personally like the Maristar graphics more, if i had the chance to get a MC i would probably get a Maristar with the X Package (tower, ballast, Perfect Pass)

TMCNo1
07-01-2006, 12:38 PM
I personally like the Maristar graphics more, if i had the chance to get a MC i would probably get a Maristar with the X Package (tower, ballast, Perfect Pass)

If you were UMP, you would order one with the fins and take them off and put them on, take them off and put them on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigmac
07-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Personally, I'm getting ready to remove the "MariStar" lettering from the side of my boat and getting the large "MasterCraft" drip-molded lettering. Every boater knows what MasterCraft means, but when they see "MariStar", a lot of them think it's some kind of MasterCraft knockoff. I've had that question posed to me at the boat ramp on more than one occasion.

The other day lounging on the lake, one of my friends pulled up. She was admiring the boat, looking at the interior room. She said it looked kind of like a MasterCraft, but asked if "MariStar" was some kind of I/O deck boat.

I let her live, but immediately called the dealer to price the MasterCraft billboard graphics.

Typically, the Prostars say "MasterCraft" in big letters on the side and "Prostar" in small letters on the stern sides. I wonder why MasterCraft thought that the Maristar series should say "MariStar" on the side and "MasterCraft" in small letters on the stern...

PendO
07-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Personally, I'm getting ready to remove the "MariStar" lettering from the side of my boat and getting the large "MasterCraft" drip-molded lettering. Every boater knows what MasterCraft means, but when they see "MariStar", a lot of them think it's some kind of MasterCraft knockoff. I've had that question posed to me at the boat ramp on more than one occasion.

The other day lounging on the lake, one of my friends pulled up. She was admiring the boat, looking at the interior room. She said it looked kind of like a MasterCraft, but asked if "MariStar" was some kind of I/O deck boat.

I let her live, but immediately called the dealer to price the MasterCraft billboard graphics.

Typically, the Prostars say "MasterCraft" in big letters on the side and "Prostar" in small letters on the stern sides. I wonder why MasterCraft thought that the Maristar series should say "MariStar" on the side and "MasterCraft" in small letters on the stern...

Mac - our neighbor on the water with a 210 did the same thing last spring ... removed the maristar and put on new MC decals.

bigmac
07-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Mac - our neighbor on the water with a 210 did the same thing last spring ... removed the maristar and put on new MC decals.

Well, I bet I know why he did that....

maristarman
07-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Well, I bet I know why he did that....

Can you explain it to me?

I've had my MariStar for 6 years.

Im content in knowing that by buying a MasterCraft I have purchased one of the finest boats out there.

I don't feel like I need to let everyone else know I have a MasterCraft also.

Is it an ego play for some people?

_DiZZ_
07-01-2006, 03:33 PM
The guy I bought my Mari Star from took the decal off and put on the Master Craft one on it. He claims it was because he got tired of answering "What’s a Mari Star?".

And they this similarity between and Mari Star and a X-something is like the difference between Chevy and GMC.

billr
07-01-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm glad my '96 has big "MasterCraft" on the sides and "MariStar" on the rear. When did it change???

bigmac
07-01-2006, 03:42 PM

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=209683&postcount=8

It's the same reason MasterCraft puts any billboard graphics on their boats.

Of course it is...

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-01-2006, 04:31 PM
If you were UMP, you would order one with the fins and take them off and put them on, take them off and put them on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROFLMAO!!!!! :uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

Harold, your a doozy! :wavey:

TMCNo1
07-01-2006, 10:09 PM

I've had my MariStar for 6 years.

Im content in knowing that by buying a MasterCraft I have purchased one of the finest boats out there.

I don't feel like I need to let everyone else know I have a MasterCraft also.

You are correct in having a MariStar Boat instead of a Mastercraft Boat, nevermind!
I want one of those MasterBoat as seen here on Team Talk in a previous thread too!

PendO
07-02-2006, 01:19 AM

bigmac
07-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Yesterday, my niece's boyfriend explained to me that MariStar is to MasterCraft as Moomba is to Supra - IOW a stripped-down price-point version of a real MasterCraft. :rolleyes:

SteveO
07-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Yesterday, my niece's boyfriend explained to me that MariStar is to MasterCraft as Moomba is to Supra - IOW a stripped-down price-point version of a real MasterCraft. :rolleyes:

How far did he have to swim to get back to your place?

bigmac
07-02-2006, 09:07 AM
How far did he have to swim to get back to your place?

:D Nah...he's a good kid. Just stupid, apparently... :D

Anyway, this graphics concept makes a lot more sense to me, and MasterCraft too, it appears..

http://www.mastercraft.com/flash_image/gallery/boats/ms210_wp800.jpg

Granite_33
07-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Heres my old 91. Back when they were still predominantly DD boats. No school like the old school............

I like the MC on the sides much better....... :headbang:

TMCNo1
07-02-2006, 10:39 AM
There was some previous year models that had the small MasterCraft on the rear sides and the big Maristar on the side, but MC has changed that in the last few years.

TMCNo1
07-02-2006, 10:44 AM

bigmac, take him and his little checkbook to the dealer and teach him a lesson on HIS MasterCraft MariStar/MasterCraft vs Moomba/Supra Quality/Price theory! :D :rolleyes:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-02-2006, 10:45 AM
I always liked the concept of a maristar. a bit bigger for space and comfort, yet still a darn fine ski boat!!!! :woohoo:

TMCNo1
07-02-2006, 10:47 AM
I always liked the concept of a maristar. a bit bigger for space and comfort, yet still a darn fine ski boat!!!! :woohoo:

????????????With or without the fins??????????????Good Morning UMP!

bigmac
07-02-2006, 11:10 AM
There was some previous year models that had the small MasterCraft on the rear sides and the big Maristar on the side, but MC has changed that in the last few years.

I don't think so, at least not universally..this is from the 2006 owner's manual..

http://mccollister.info/06Maristar.jpg

Design-a-Boat on the MC website is broken again, both in Firefox and Internet Exploder, so I can't tell for sure, but I'm assuming that the graphics choice is user-selectable - MasterCraft/Maristar vs MariStar/MasterCraft

TMCNo1
07-02-2006, 11:19 AM
I don't think so, at least not universally..this is from the 2006 owner's manual..

http://mccollister.info/06Maristar.jpg

Design-a-Boat on the MC website is broken again, both in Firefox and Internet Exploder, so I can't tell for sure, but I'm assuming that the graphics choice is user-selectable - MasterCraft/Maristar vs MariStar/MasterCraft

You are right dude, my bad! I didn't realize the graphic choices were buyer changable, great! Or as most literature says "Subject to change without notice"!

PendO
07-02-2006, 12:07 PM

Wow ..........you let him live .... Maristar is the Yukon Denali to the Chevy Tahoe ................ and if it is any consolation I would rather have the MariStar color scheme than an 06 X series color scheme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

boatdad
07-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Where do you buy the nice drip molded Mastercraft lettering from?

bigmac
07-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Where do you buy the nice drip molded Mastercraft lettering from?"MasterCraft" in their proprietary font is a trademark, so the only place you'd be able to buy it is from MasterCraft, unless they've licensed the rights out to someone (highly doubt it). Check with your dealer about ordering the graphics.

You wouldn't be able to get a sign-shop / graphics place to make it for you because it would be illegal.

Jerseydave
07-05-2006, 10:09 PM
I'll stick with my standard graphics.....the wife and I like them better than the "X-series" graphics.

After my ballast system, It'll be just like an X-30 anyway.

michael freeman
07-05-2006, 11:45 PM

Notice how the X-30/230 is not listed in the 2006 manual. I noticed this because that is what I bought but the new manual doesn’t even cover my boat. :confused: