PDA

View Full Version : Winter storage in heated garage

CTPJ
10-25-2004, 01:47 PM
I plan on storing my '94 PS 205 w/ TBI 375 in a heated garage Nov through Mar (unless the weather gets really warm for some winter skiing). What storage proceedures should I use? I plan on puting stabil in the tank and removing the battery. Anything else?

Thanks for the help,

Todd

Footin
10-25-2004, 02:10 PM
I stored my boat in a heated garage also, I used a regular winterizing plan as if the garage had no heat. Maybe this is not needed but what happens if the heat goes out and you don't find out for a week in the cold of January? A little antifreeze or the time to drain the block is alot cheaper than a new engine.

just my .02

Lake_Tippy_Skier
10-25-2004, 02:15 PM
I stored my boat in a heated garage also, I used a regular winterizing plan as if the garage had no heat. Maybe this is not needed but what happens if the heat goes out and you don't find out for a week in the cold of January? A little antifreeze or the time to drain the block is alot cheaper than a new engine.

just my .02

that's what i would do.

east tx skier
10-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Unless the heated garage is attached to your house where you'll know immediately if the heat's off, do a full winterization. I'd do it anyway as I'm sure to be gone for a night or two here and there. Draining the block takes all of 5 minutes. Make sure to change the oil, pull the impeller if you're not replacing it in the spring, and fog the engine as well.

DanC
10-27-2004, 10:49 AM
ouch, hope this dosn't happen in VA

Memo
10-27-2004, 03:39 PM
NICE PORSCHE………:eek3: Definitely winterize it. My boat is in the garage and I do winterize it. Just because I don’t like lake water sitting in the engine. Also it will kill any zebra muscles you may have in the water system. And it is cheep insurance against frozen engine.

CTPJ
10-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will be winterizing the boat.