PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

kevinNeal
06-30-2006, 12:26 PM
I have a 95 Maristar 225 and I had a dead battery for a couple of months. I put a new one in and now my engine will turn over but will not start at all, my gauges don't work along with my blower and navigation lights.Could that be a possible blown fuse? Could it be my fuel pump. Any thoughts
Thanks

east tx skier
06-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi Kevin, welcome. Electrical is certainly not my specialty (I don't really have a specialty). But figured I'd say Hello and BUMP this post.

jeverett
06-30-2006, 01:08 PM
I have a 95 Maristar 225 and I had a dead battery for a couple of months. I put a new one in and now my engine will turn over but will not start at all, my gauges don't work along with my blower and navigation lights.Could that be a possible blown fuse? Could it be my fuel pump. Any thoughts
Thanks

Welcome!
Sorry if this seems like a smart *** question but worse has happened on this board. Is the Kill switch in place? If so sounds to me like either a fuse which can just be popped back in or a loose wire behind the instrument cluster. Start with the Kill switch, then fuses. There is also a fuse breaker on the rear of the engine you might try pushing in. Good luck!

Hoff1
06-30-2006, 01:22 PM
I had a similar issue on my boat. There's a circuit breaker on the back of my engine with a large red reset button. None of my gauges were reading anything, first time that happened. I don't recall if my engine would turn over though, but just a thought.

WTRSK1R
06-30-2006, 02:23 PM
If the kill switch does not do anything for you, and the circuit breaker on the engine is not tripped, I would look at the ignition switch. If you do not have any display at the Voltmeter, you are not getting any voltage to the engine for Spark. Even if it turns over, you need to have power to the coil for spark. The kill switch will definately take out all of the gauges, and is the most likely culpret. Happens to all of us at one time or another. Usually by accident, so you do not even think about looking at it.

Good Luck.

Steve

Hoff1
06-30-2006, 02:26 PM
I guess along with these recommendations, you could check to make sure the battery terminals are tightened enough. I've had this give me crank issues on my old Jeep before.

kevinNeal
06-30-2006, 04:07 PM
The kill switch is at the back of the engine?.I presume at the bottom.?

east tx skier
06-30-2006, 04:12 PM
It's the little red coil that attaches via black, forked clip just beneath the throttle. If it's removed, you will be able to spin the engine over, but it won't start. Still wouldn't explain the guages though.

jrcarte78
06-30-2006, 04:24 PM
I had a similar issue on my boat. There's a circuit breaker on the back of my engine with a large red reset button. None of my gauges were reading anything, first time that happened. I don't recall if my engine would turn over though, but just a thought.

When the main breaker blew on mine, the motor would not turn over...