FastFill ballast pumps are designed to move water through the ballast system and into or out of ballast tanks nearly three (3) times faster than standard pumps.
Ballast pumps are mounted throughout the boat.
FastFill pumps operate using either the helm mounted touch display or the manual ballast switches on the dash. For detailed operating instructions see the “X AND XT SERIES DUAL SCREEN DASH OPER- ATION” section of the MasterCraft Owner’s Manual.
MasterCraft recommends scheduling an appointment with an authorized dealer’s service department to have a certified technician perform all impeller changes.?Ballast pump impellers should be changed every 100 hours as part of annual maintenance.
To change ballast pump impellers:
1. Remove three (3) of the four (4) cover screws. Loosen the fourth screw. Retain the screws for the re-installation process. Swing the cover out of the way to allow access to the impeller.
2. Using needle-nose pliers, pull the old impeller out of the casing.
3. Lubricate the new impeller before installation using lubricant included in the package with the impeller kit.
4. Install the new impeller. It is intentionally larger than the casing in the pump. Gently squeeze it in ensuring that the pump’s shaft aligns with the hub on the impeller.
5. Carefully slide the cover plate back into place. No silicone is necessary due to the built-in gasket on the plate. Tightening the screws should prevent leakage.
6. Run water through the ballast pumps and ensure that there are no leaks.