This position's primary focus is to provide manufacturing engineering support. Design, justify, and implement projects to improve safety, quality, and efficiency beyond the scope of general floor support and safety duties. These projects typically involve capital requests. Examples of project work include, but are not limited to safety improvements, Quality Improvements, Facility improvements, and process improvements. Work is performed under general supervision where guidelines are prescribed but independent action is required.
Provide all documentation for manufactured parts and assemblies:
> Detail drawings
> Manufacturing work instructions
> Manufacturing reference documents and visual aides
> Standard work breakdowns
• Work with Production personnel to insure adherence to the documented design and procedures.
• Create, review and implement production work center layouts and process flows to increase efficiency and improve quality.
• Implement component insourcing projects to advance vertical integration efforts.
• Work with Design Engineering personnel to constantly improve our material selections and procedures to produce more cost and labor efficient
components and assemblies.
• Coordinate and lead Production and Design Engineering in the integration of new product into the production.
• Ensure timely and adequate completion of all applicable phases of projects.
• Suggest and assist in implementing improvements in the manufacturing process.
• Assist in the development of necessary tools, jigs, fixtures for production.
• Review all Engineering Change Notice’s related to the manufacturing process.
• Generate Engineering Change Notice’s as required.
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering and 2+ years of practical experience in all phases of manufacturing and material control preferred.
• Experience with AutoCAD and 3D Modeling programs required.
• Must have working knowledge of bill-of-materials.
• Candidate must be extremely well organized and detail oriented.
• Must be able to interface well with other employees, outside vendors, dealers, and retail customers.
• Excellent problem solving, and decision-making skills required.
• Working knowledge of PC based software (Word, Excel, etc.) required.
Works in both office and plant environment. Office environment has controlled temperature, humidity and noise levels. Plant environment varies with outside temperature and noise levels vary in different production areas. Effective near vision or near vision accommodation is required. Talking and hearing are required. Minimal bending, stooping, walking, and stair climbing are required as is lifting items of moderate weight. MasterCraft quality standards and safety rules and regulations are mandatory.
Minimal travel required.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, along with salary history to:
Equal Opportunity Employer
TN Drug Free Workplace