Define, implement, and monitor quality systems to ensure continuous improvement in MasterCraft products. Leads and participates in factory problem-solving, quality data collection, quality analysis, and corrective/preventive action planning. Provides formalized training and coaching for quality auditors, inspectors and operators. Applies problem solving processes to determine root cause and preventative actions for defects. Develops, improves and implements quality standards. Performs other duties as requested by the Director of Manufacturing.
Responsible for the following activities and outcomes:
- Lead the Quality department.
- Expand existing Quality gate process to entire Quality system.
- Support MasterCraft annual plans, targets, and objectives.
- Establish and track performance to annual Quality targets and objectives.
- Develop procedures to implement quality systems in MasterCraft operations.
- Ensure training on quality assurance procedures and systems.
- Support manufacturing in achieving production targets and goals.
- Ensure communication of defect trends and priorities to manufacturing departments.
- Lead and participate in problem solving using a team approach to resolve internal and external issues at the root cause level and to prevent recurrence.
- Participate in daily Production Meeting and Quality Department meetings.
- Conduct and participate in corrective action reporting.
- Identify and provide skill enhancement training for Quality Department personnel.
- Participate in new program launch and new product design reviews. Includes Integration Team membership and management of the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Oversee the development of product quality standards, specifications and criteria for acceptance.
- Ensure the proper review, approval and validation of material and process changes are performed according to system requirements.
- Develop Quality System and process audit plans and schedules
- Review system and process audits results and obtain corrective actions from responsible individuals.
- Organize daily boat audits and obtain corrective actions from responsible individuals.
- Calculate and prepare monthly Quality data for Management Review and monthly action teams.
- Identify and participate in development of information systems to improve internal processes (AIMs, Loose Parts Scanning/OK to Ship, Warranty Recovery, SuppliLink, PPAP, etc).
- Administer and ensure the effective implementation of the AIMs quality data collection system.
- Oversee and participate in regularly scheduled Product, LPA, and Safety/5S audits.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to Quality Department budgets.
Education & Work Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred however equivalent experience and industrial certifications will be considered. Position requires a minimum of 3-5 years in a quality related field with at least 2 years in a leadership role; previous QS or ISO experience is a plus. 8D (Eight Discipline Approach) Problem Solving Training and intermediate to advanced Microsoft Windows, Access, Word and Excel skills required. Must possess a working knowledge of standard quality terminology and measurements along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Previous marine background or experience is preferred.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, along with salary history to:
Equal Opportunity Employer
TN Drug Free Workplace